Monday, September 8, 2008

MURITALA OLADIMEJI ABDUL RASHEED ESQ


My name is Murtala Oladimeji Abdul-Rasheed. I was born on the 8th day of April 1965 at Akure, Ondo State. My parents are indigenes of Ilesa in Osun State.

I attended L.A primary school Oda-Akure for my elementary education and proceeded to Ansar-Ud-Deen Grammar School Ikare-Akoko where I passed out in 1981.

I had a brief stint with the Oyo and now Osun State College of Education as clerical officer before I enrolled in the same institution for my NCE programme in 1983. In 1986, I got admission to read Mass Comm. with the Polythecnic Ibadan.

I worked as Government House Correspondent of the verdict Newspaper at Agodi-Ibadan from 1987 to 1990. I left the practice for journalism to read law in 1991 when I got admission to read Islamic and Common law(Combined Hons.) at Usmanu Danfodio University sokoto.

In 1997, proceeded to the Nigerianlaw school and was called to the Bar on 26th February 1998.

I started practice in Kaduna with Yunus Ustaz Usman & Co.

I am a presently with Dele Oloje & Co. where I am a partner.

I got married in 2001. We are blessed with 3 kids. My family lives in Dublin Republic of Ireland.

I am a member of the International Bar Association. I have been an activist all my life, in primary school, I was Assistant Senior Boy, Secondary school, I was a social prefect, In the University, I was the first student of Southern Nigerian Extraction to contest for the Presidency of the students' Union. I won the election but it was annulled due to violence that greeted the results.

At the law school, I was a member of the students Representative Council. At the Bar, I have held various committee in my branch. I was also the Asst. Sec, 2004-2006. I am the incumbent National Assistant Publicity Secretary of the NBA. I was returned unopposed in Port Harcourt 2006.

At the International level. I have attended five conferences on various aspects of the law in Dublin and United Kingdom.

No comments: